Friday, July 25, 2008

Hermon Dog Park Dog Days of Summer

There was a nice turnout of people (and dogs) at the Hermon Dog Park Dog Days of Summer event on Saturday. I was a proud to co-sponsor the event and it was great to see so many responsible pet owners out there learning new ways to better care for their animals. The Friends of Hermon Dog Park, a nonprofit organization that supports the dog park and advocates responsible pet ownership, organized the event and offered services such as pet vaccinations and a young doggy behavioral seminar called “Puppy Party.”

As a dog owner, I understand the bond that exists between humans and their pets. My chocolate Labrador, Coco, is an important part of the family. She brings my wife and me and particularly our kids, a lot of joy. Congrats to Wendi Riser, Lezle Stein, Ursula Brown and the rest of The Friends of Hermon Dog Park for all the work they do on behalf of our four-legged pals, not only for this event, but year-round. I look forward to it again next year!