Thursday, September 25, 2008

College IS Possible


As a student going to college at UC Berkeley, the money I received from the Hispanic Scholarship Fund came exactly when I needed it and it helped me continue my education. So it was a complete joy to attend HSF’s “College is Possible” seminar at Roosevelt High School. Organizers said that 600 young people and their families signed up for the free event. I told the students and their parents that growing up in Boyle Heights, I attended some of the same schools as they did and that higher education changed my life. I have no doubt with 600 people participating, that there were a lot of kids in that auditorium who are about to embark on a life-changing journey of their own. For information on the Hispanic Scholarship Fund, visit www.hsf.net.