Friday, April 10, 2009

Making 4th Street Bridge Safer for All

I scheduled an on-site meeting with the Bureau of Engineers about the ongoing earthquake retrofitting of the 4th Street Bridge in Boyle Heights. BOE City Engineer Gary Lee Moore assured me that the project will be finished by November. And my office will continue to monitor the project and we’ll be working to getting it done as quickly and efficiently as possible. Once the main work is done, we’re going to cleanup the bridge and add a graffiti-proof finish and then we’re going to get the residents opinion on what kind of pocket park they would like to see put under the bridge. It’s going to be a beautiful sight to behold once it’s finish. I want to thank the Boyle Heights community for their patience. I promise you, it will be well worth the wait.