Tuesday, August 11, 2009

L.A Streetcar: One Step Closer!

I take a lot of pride in the efforts we have made to move forward my Bringing Back Broadway initiative. Downtown Broadway’s Historic Core is home to 12 classic theaters all located within nine blocks of each other. My vision to incorporate a Streetcar within the area is starting to come to fruition and will bring much needed transportation to the Downtown corridor. The Streetcar is projected to begin operating in 2014 and would connect South Park, Bunker Hill and the Historic Core. The newly launched website of the Los Angeles Streetcar, Inc., is currently accepting opinions about the Streetcar project. Let them know what you think.

Last week, I did a live interview on KPCC’s AirTalk with Larry Mantle, regarding Bringing Back Broadway and the Streetcar. During the show I took calls from listeners, which I enjoyed quite a bit. Listen HERE!

Photo Credit: Eric Richardson for BlogDowntown